Friday 23 December 2011

Season's drinking

Where: Tom's Skate Lounge, Somerset House Ice Skating Rink
Beverage and nibbles: Presented in blue Tiffany cups, the mulled wine and mince pie is officially a YAY!
Scene: Tom's Skate Lounge is super cozy. This place is officially on the top of my list for warming up with a lovely cup of hot mulled wine while watching ice skaters zip by. Somerset House's Ice Rink is my favourite place to eat and be merry this season! Open until Jan 22, 2012.



Where: Caffe Nero throughout the UK
Beverage and Nibbles: Amaretto latte with complimentary amaretto biscuit. Drink is sadly a NAY, but you can't go wrong with an amaretto biscuit! Amaretto flavor in the latte was tooooo strong. It tasted like medicine :(
Scene: I love going to Caffe Nero because they have a loyalty card and they have comfy sofas. I love going here to read the Sunday Times because I get a stamp each on my card for my coffee and paper purchase! Free wifi is a bonus :)



Where: Starbucks UK
Beverage and nibbles: My friend E and I love Starbucks Christmas Red Cups. I especially enjoyed the Egg Nog Latte and free mince pie on offer. Definitely a YAY! The butter mince pie had an especially flaky crust. Simply delicious.
Scene: Like most large cities, London is littered with Starbucks in every street corner. I pop in for seasonal specials and when I feel as though I want something from a major and familiar brand. Free wifi is also a plus!

2 comments:

  1. What's the filling in the pies? They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pies are filled with 'mince meat' which are a mixture of dried fruit, spices, and distilled spirits. That was courtesy of wikipedia :)

    ReplyDelete