Saturday 24 December 2011

Season's Eating - First Floor Restaurant


I went on a Christmas dinner date with one of my gal pals from Iowa at the First Floor Restaurant in Notting Hill. This place has dim lighting and candelabras that create a very romantic mood. The restaurant offers a two course and three course set menu for 20 or 25 pounds. We opted for only two courses. I had the roast pork belly with braised red cabbage with apple and raisins. I couldn't even finish the dish, I was super full by the time dessert rolled around. I would've liked to finish it, but it was just so filling, yet still quite tasty. I just can't handle larger portions. The cabbage was a bit on the sweet side and it tasted like dessert.



For our second and final course, my friend E, opted for the trio of sorbets, lemon, mango and strawberry. I actually liked this more than my dessert and oddly enough, E, enjoyed my vanilla cheesecake.



The cheesecake was presented well and had a lovely creamy texture. Our dinner took three hours from start to finish because we dined and chatted throughout the night and opted for coffees after dessert. First Floor Restaurant is definitely a gem and I'm glad my friend, C, recommended it to me! It's one of her favourite restaurants' in London...and mine (now) too! It's definitely worth booking ahead for dinner because the dining room is just one room, literally on the first floor above a pub. The neighborhood is Portobello Road, so it's ideal to go to dinner after a day of vintage/antique shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment